So, today after Elliott got home from work we decided to put together one of Ethan's toys that he received at the baby shower. Well, actually I decided to try and put it together and after I stared at the directions for awhile and made alot of noise trying to snap things together, I resorted to asking Elliott to "help" me (which actually meant putting it together while Ethan and I watched..lol...what are husbands and daddys for if not to help out their wives and children??) So, Elliott was successful in putting together this Baby Einstein walker gym thing, so we put Ethan in the little seat thingy and see how he liked it. I was actually convinced Ethan was going to scream and cry right away since it was something new and he wasn't being held, but to my surprise, he did really well! He didn't fuss or anything. He stayed in the walker for about 20 minutes or so and was staring intently at the toys and smiling while Elliott and I oohed and aahed over him and took a bunch of pictures. (We of course have to document all these "firsts") He really couldn't "do" anything since he's still alittle too young to know what to do, but it was still exciting to see him atleast respond to all the sounds, lights, and colors of all the toys."Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Ethan's New Toy
So, today after Elliott got home from work we decided to put together one of Ethan's toys that he received at the baby shower. Well, actually I decided to try and put it together and after I stared at the directions for awhile and made alot of noise trying to snap things together, I resorted to asking Elliott to "help" me (which actually meant putting it together while Ethan and I watched..lol...what are husbands and daddys for if not to help out their wives and children??) So, Elliott was successful in putting together this Baby Einstein walker gym thing, so we put Ethan in the little seat thingy and see how he liked it. I was actually convinced Ethan was going to scream and cry right away since it was something new and he wasn't being held, but to my surprise, he did really well! He didn't fuss or anything. He stayed in the walker for about 20 minutes or so and was staring intently at the toys and smiling while Elliott and I oohed and aahed over him and took a bunch of pictures. (We of course have to document all these "firsts") He really couldn't "do" anything since he's still alittle too young to know what to do, but it was still exciting to see him atleast respond to all the sounds, lights, and colors of all the toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment