Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Dresser Redo

For awhile now, I've been wanting to replace our tall dresser that's in our bedroom. It's a cheap dresser from target and with the cats jumping all over it and Ethan tugging at it, it's basically ready to fall apart. We have a tv that we want to put in our bedroom but with the dresser being so unstable, I was afraid to put anything heavy on top of it. So, that brings me to my weekend project. I have an older dresser from when I was younger that actually has some pretty carved details but needed to be sanded and refinished. Well, I was feeling ambitious on Saturday and after Ethan went down to take his morning nap, I went out to the garage and started sanding. In the afternoon, Elliott & I had to run to Home Depot for some supplies and had to stop at the MIL's house and borrow their hand sander so I could finish sanding the top and the drawers. Anyways, a one day and $40 later (sand paper, primer, paint, roller, and foam brushes) and it's all done! I decided to paint it instead of stain it because in some parts the dresser has this veneer stuff that had chipped off in some places and I was worried about how the difference in staining would turn out. So, we decided on a dark brown and I think it turned out pretty well considering it was my first time painting a piece of furniture. I think I still want to spray paint the hardware maybe a pewter color....but that's for another time :o)








No comments: