Well, the last 3 or 4 doctor appointments that I've had, my blood pressure has been on the high side and on a normal basis, I actually have low blood pressure. So for my BP to be up was kind of odd. Well, last Wednesday, I had my normal monthly appointment and my blood pressure was on the high side again. So my doctor gave me a script to get my 1 hour glucose test done, which is routine, and told me he wanted to see me again on Monday to recheck my blood pressure. Well, as most pregnant women know, when you're pregnant, you read about EVERYTHING...and that's exactly what I did. So, I read up on gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia, which usually is associated with high blood pressure, just so I could be well informed.
Well, the weekend came and went and soon it was 5 pm on Monday and I was sitting in the doctor's office waiting to see the doctor. Well, I had my blood pressure taken again, and of course, you guessed it, it was high again! I was thinking, "Man! I just can't catch a break here!" So, my doc asked if I took my 1 hour glucose test and I told him that I took it that past Thursday morning. Well, he gave me another script for another test....one that I will be happy to never take again as long as I live.....a 24 hour urine test. Basically, for the next 24 hours he wanted me to pee into a jug and then bring it to the lab to have it tested. Oh, and the best part, I had to keep the jug refrigerated until I turned it in. So, he gave me the script and told me he wanted to see me back on Wednesday (today) to go over all the results. So, I went down to the lab and picked up my jug and went home and started my "test." Now, normally I would be working on a Tuesday, but there was no way on God's green earth that I was going to work peeing in a jug and storing it in a cooler in my office. It was just not happening. So, I took the morning and afternoon off and did my thing, returned my jug to the lab at 6 pm, and went to work for 2 1/2 hours.
Well, now we come to today and I had another doctor's appointment at 4:45 pm to go over all my results. Well, by now, I'm thinking, there's gotta be something wrong with me. If I don't have pre-eclampsia then I'm sure I at least have gestational diabetes. Elliott met me at the doctor's office and they do all the routine stuff and take my blood pressure and guess what... it was normal! (I swear it has something to do with Elliott being there....he makes me calm :o)) So, the doctor comes in and I'm waiting to hear the bad news, and he tells us that the 24 hour urine test came back normal, as did my blood tests and my glucose test! So, I'm perfectly healthy, I don't have pre-eclampsia or gestational diabetes, and I chalk up my high BP to nerves!
So, the moral of this story.....don't let your nerves get the best of you... or you may be thinking you have something wrong with you when you actually don't!
No comments:
Post a Comment