Saturday, September 27, 2008

Picture Perfecto!

So today I finished another project involving Ethan's nursery.  Elliott and I wanted some cute "jungly" pictures to hang on the wall in Ethan's nursery, but everything I found, I either didn't like or I just didn't want to pay for it.  So, a couple months ago I was throwing around the idea of painting pictures myself for the nursery.  I haven't really been painting for awhile now. Actually, the last thing, other than my yearly Christmas ornaments, that I've painted was a beach scene for my friend's wedding back in March 2007.  Plus, I liked the idea that Ethan would have something in his room that his mommy painted for him.  So, I decided that is what I was going to do.  So, one saturday afternoon, when I wasn't doing anything, I stopped by Michael's and picked up some supplies and that night I started painting.  I decided on three different pictures that I would paint and after I was done I would matte and frame them.  It took me a few weeks to finish the paintings and to get them exactly the way I wanted them, because you know, you're your own worst critic, and tonight I finally matted them.  Now, all I have to do is frame them! 




No comments: