Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mission Not Impossible

Today I finally ventured out into the outside world with Ethan all by myself.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself, albeit, this is probably way overdue considering Ethan is almost 7 weeks all ready.  But an overdue accomplishment is still an accomplishment nonetheless.  I've actually been out with Ethan quite a few times, but all of those times I've been with other people, whether it's Elliott, Sue, my mom, or my grandma.  I am pleased to announce that our outing was indeed a success.  In preparation,  I made sure I fed & changed Ethan before we left the house, so I wouldn't have to do either of those things right away when we got out.  I think the thing that scared me the most about going out by myself were the car rides to and from my destination.  I was worried that once we were off and running, Ethan would lose his binkie and start crying and I wouldn't be able to do anything for him since his car seat is rear-facing and in the backseat.  But to my surprise, Ethan slept the whole way there and back and even slept through me singing to the radio! I even stopped for gas on the way there and to pick up lunch for my mom and I!  I have to admit, now the idea of outings involving only Ethan & I aren't nearly as daunting as they were before...that is until I have a horrible experience and never want to leave the house again, only kidding...well kind of ;o)

No comments: