Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So, last week I started back at work part-time (thursday night & saturday 9am-4pm) much to my dismay and this week I also work the same hours. I'm returning full-time (monday thru friday & every other saturday) next monday, March 9th and most people who know me, know that I'm not looking forward to it. I'd rather be a part-time stay at home mom but I can't complain...I spent a great 3 months at home with my baby and now it's time for me to return to work and make some money. Now, the reason for this blog was to talk about something really sweet Elliott did for me while I was at work last Saturday. First off, let me state that this past Saturday was Elliott's first time completely by himself with Ethan. Granted he did go over to his mom's house for alittle while but he also spent some time home with just Ethan and I knew Elliott was alittle nervous being alone with Ethan which in my opinion is completely normal, since I was terrified for let's face it, those first few weeks . Anyways, I had been bugging Elliott to do a couple of things for me around the house for the past couple weeks, things I couldn't do myself, like take this really heavy tub full of books out to the garage and clean up his computer desk & put all his extra computer parts away. So on Saturday, I got home around 5pm since I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, and much to my surprise both these things were done, he made our bed (which I usually have to beg him to do) and Ethan was sleeping! Now, this might not seem like alot to you readers, but I half expected Elliott to be curled up in the closet crying (ask me about that story later...). But the sweet part was that he said that he wanted me to know that he could do other things while watching Ethan and that he really appreciated everything that I do with Ethan and around the house. Awwwww....so cute. I couldn't have asked for a better husband! I love you El!

1 comment:

Becca said...

aw! it's so fun to see our husbands turn into daddies...i think it takes a little longer than wives turning into mommies. im glad you and your little family are doing well!