Thursday, November 13, 2008

On Our Own Again!

It's crazy to think that it's been almost two years since we last had our own place. What's stranger still is the idea that our wedding presents have been in storage longer than they were used. Life's funny, in a weird way. We've had our life stuffed in boxes and plastic tubs for so long I don't know what I'll do when we actually have room to stretch. I feel institutionalized to a degree. Not just because of the move, but because our life finally feels like it's back on track. It was a long detour, and a detour we had to take, but that doesn't really make it easier. This move symbolizes, to me, that we're finally ready to step forward. This step is huge and Mimi and I are actually in charge of our own destiny. The scary thing is that we really will be out there. After being protected and insulated for these past two years, we're finally leaving the safety of our family. Of course they'll always be there, but I hope we're strong enough to stand alone. No, I know we're strong enough to. I know we'll be fine. I know that we can do it. And, while I know we'll always have help and support, I know we also have to move forward and get to a point in our lives where we can finally stabilize. I'm so happy about this move, for what it symbolizes and what it means.

No comments: