
So, Ethan went to the doctor's office today for his 2 month check-up. Unfortunately, he had to get three shots while we were there and one oral vaccine. He got his Hepatitis B shot, Tetanus shot, Inactivated Poliovirus shot, Rotavirus shot, Pneumococcal shot, HIB shot, and Diphtheria shot. Obviously, some of those shots are combined into one actual shot, which makes it alot better, since I'm sure it would have been ten times worse if he had to be poked 7 times instead of three. I have to say, Ethan did alot better than I thought he would. He cried only for a few minutes at the doctor's office and slept for most of the ride home. At home, his thighs seemed to be bothering him (where he received the shots) so we gave him some baby tylenol, which I think helped a bit, and he slept for a good amount of the day. At the doctor's office we also found out that he weighs 11 lbs 14 oz, is 23 1/2 inches long, and his head is 16 cm around. So, he's in the 50th percentile for weight, the 75th for length, and the 75th for head size. So, since his last visit at 4 weeks, he gained 3 lbs 12 oz and grew 2 1/2 inches and he's almost doubled his weight and grew 4 1/4 inches since he was born! So, needless to say, Elliott and I were very happy with the way the doctor's appointment went and Ethan needs to go back April 24th for his 4 month check-up and a round of more shots unfortunately.
1 comment:
hi mimi... you're little boy is adorable!
Post a Comment