
Let me start off by saying what a nice Valentine's Day Elliott and I had this year. Isn't it funny how much better everything is when you have a child. Even though Elliott and I didn't really celebrate Valentine's Day with Ethan, he still makes everything so much more enjoyable. I guess he just makes me realize how much more I appreciate things now. Anyways, Elliott and I had our first "date night" on Valentine's Day since Ethan arrived. We of course have had times where we would drop him off at Grandma Marie's house, but before it had been because we needed to do some grocery shopping or I wanted to have some time and clean the house, but this time was purely so we could spend some time with just the two of us. So, we dropped Ethan off at Grandma Sue's house between 3:30pm and 4:00pm, so we had at least half of the day to ourselves. We were thinking about going out to eat, but with it being Valentine's Day, I knew all the restaurants would be super busy, so I suggested we stay in and I cook dinner. I had Elliott choose what we had for dinner and he chose steak and lobster tail. So, that's exactly what we had! We also had mashed potatoes, asparagus, salad, and a heart-shaped yellow cake with chocolate frosting for dessert! I have to say my favorite part was the cake of course. After dinner, we cleaned up a bit and watched Star Wars Episode III and Star Wars Episode IV...Elliott's choice again. It was nice to have time to ourselves and not have to worry about watching, feeding, and changing Ethan...but I have to admit, I really, really missed Ethan, which I'm sure is just normal. After today, it made me realize how hard it's going to be for me to go back to work in a couple weeks. I always knew it was going to be hard to leave him 5 days a week, but right now I can't even imagine it because it was so hard leaving him for only 1 day! So, needless to say, it's really nice to have him home again...no matter how much he fusses or cries. :o)








1 comment:
HA! this is EXACTLY what tim and i have been doing the last few years for valentine's day. we go up to the fancy nino's and pick out whatever we want and cook. it sure beats waiting at the restaurants for dinner. we couldnt do it this year because lorelai and i were both sick with the stomach flu :(
Post a Comment